MONDAY
-Monday is Meat Night, so me and a bunch of coworkers always head to a barbecue place near work. There, we eat a bunch of meat and drink an even bigger bunch of beer, soju, and plum wine.
-After that, we go to WA Bar, which is a bar that boasts a huge selection of beers from around the world, which me and another coworker are trying to diligently work though. We also play Presidents and Assholes with a deck of cards, and wonder how many incidents of spousal abuse we'll see that night. I think this particular Monday it was only 1.
TUESDAY
-Tuesday is Burger Night, so we go to the Canadian joint The Holy Grill to get their burger specials (they also have fucking incredible macaroni and cheese). I also usually drink some sort of frozen cocktail like a Mudslide or Grasshopper, and am made fun of for it because people are all jealous dicks.
WEDNESDAY
-Wednesday is usually Open Mic Night at Commune's, but this particular week it was instead St. Patrick's Day. Starting at Commune's.
-There was green beer (which most people drank as fast as possible so they could get back to drinking the more dignified Guinness). There were also copious shots, and Irish Car Bombs (not pictured).
-A coworker put lipstick on me. It made me feel real pretty.
-A bunch of people were heading to The Bus, a fried food joint that is partially built out of an actual bus. I duck out with them and get some fries and shit, then go back to Commune's where the bartender gives me a whiskey on the house. Yay!
This is our booth at the bus. The food was kind of mediocre but we were pretty drunk so it's okay.
THURSDAY
-Having drank the last three nights, Thursday was my night to stay inside. Until I remembered that it was another coworker's birthday, and ended up at the hookah bar, bombarded by drinks and chocolate cake.
They had marshmallows as appetizers! Crazy! And brilliant.
-After the hookah bar we go to Urban, a bar/club where I had previously lost my coat (again, for real this time) and the mp3 player in the pocket. Imagine my joy and, really, incredulity when an older woman, maybe a manager, comes up to me and asks if my name is Jamie and says that she has my shit. A month later after I had checked Urban without success to see if they had them, mind you. Boy howdy! My mood was raised even higher when one of the bartenders who was even drunker than me poured me a free shot of Crown Royal, and then a shot of orange juice to chase it I guess. Who knows.
-After more drinks, playing the worst game of pool in human history, and old manager lady telling me to come back on Saturday to get my coat and mp3 player, I get in a cab to go home. When we get out of the cab, my friend gets a call. Turns out, Birthday Girl is a little concerned that a mutual friend has gone into the bathroom with a really sleazy Moroccan guy who had been talking to her earlier. I don't know why it's important that he's Moroccan, I'm probably just racist. Anyways, from what I could make out standing there listening to the phone call, Birthday Girl tells one of the bartenders who then bust into the bathroom and break open the stall door where our friend and the guy were probably fucking (though she denies it now, as one would).
I feel bad I don't have any pictures of those events, so here's a picture of a marshmallow I toasted over a candle at the hookah bar:
Sometimes life is really good.
FRIDAY
-I go to a friend's house to play video games and drink beer, having given up any hope of a sober lifestyle. We eat homemade chili and watch Metalocalypse for awhile until finally Guitar Hero is broken out and righteous riffs are licked. Then we play Mario Kart Wii, and collectively spend an embarrassing amount of time creating look-alike Miis of the group. Somehow I make it through a weeknight without getting too sloppy drunk.
SATURDAY
-Going into Saturday I knew I was going to end up at Urban to get my coat and mp3 player back, so I wasn't making any pretenses about trying not to drink. It was going to happen. First, I went to a chicken place this guy Ted from high school recommended. He is also in Korea, so it makes sense. I eat there and it is pretty damn good.
-Next, a friend and I hit up Club Heavy for a show. We get there just as a pop-punk band named Africa is finishing up, and the next band comes on. They are called What! and like that chicken place they are pretty damn good:
However, the singer soon notices us, we being the only two white people in the place. So, he starts bantering with us between songs, bitching about how bad Korean music is and how I am handsome and I have a good name. Seriously. He also asks where I'm from, and when I say Seattle he launches into a Jimi Hendrix cover, followed by this Alice in Chains cover:
I'm not an Alice in Chains fan, but I fully appreciated the "service songs" as he called them. There are a few more songs, and then this awesome broken-English cover of "Wild Thing":
-After they're done playing, the singer goes through the audience giving out free guitar picks, and I buy their album. Which means, if there's any interest I can probably put up a link to it on here. That is something that could happen if you like underground Korean hard rock. And who doesn't?!
-The rest of the night is a blur of bar-hopping and bag cocktails until we end up at Urban and I'm given my lost stuff. The really weird bit is my headphones aren't there, but someone has slipped a case on the mp3 player, and also thrown in a wall charger. Score?
-One of the bartenders there seemed to be flirting with me both Thursday and Saturday night, so I ask her number. And get it! I also learn that she doesn't want a boyfriend and never has free time, so. Extra score. I don't remember anything after this, but I'm told that we go to another bar, where I'm a dick and drunkenly hide my friend's wallet for awhile until we buy pizza in a cup and go home.
SUNDAY
-I don't drink! Instead, I go to a coworker's and watch The Hurt Locker and smoke pot for the first time in Korea. Neat.
THE FUTURE?
More super boring weeks like this, and also my parents visiting Tuesday-Friday. Uh oh.
Until then,
See You Later, Space Cowboys
No comments:
Post a Comment