Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thailand Supershow: Sunday

About a week and a half ago I went to Thailand with my friend Jessie. I was there from one Sunday to the next, and I'd like to share with you my story. Instead of the usual text dump, I'll be breaking it up into day by day segments, so that means more pictures and more updates if all goes according to plan. The plan of me not being lazy, or forgetting, or getting too drunk I can't physically type. But those things never happen, so here we go.

We actually start our journey on

SATURDAY

but that was basically me taking an overnight bus from Daegu to Seoul and since it was super boring we move on to

SUNDAY

where I wait around the Incheon airport for my 10:20am flight to...a layover in Hong Kong, it turns out. After that I fly to my next layover in Bangkok, where I find out that hey, somehow I'm an hour late for my flight to Phuket. How the fuck did that happen? I start to lose my shit a little and run around the airport until I realize that (and this is pretty important) Thailand has a different time zone. It's like 2 feet away from Korea, right? How can it change time zones?!

Anyways, from the Phuket airport I get in a cab to my hotel. The cabbie tells me about how my hotel's beach is a shitty beach, and I should get another hotel immediately, and he just happens to know a place to recommend. Already getting sick of money-grabbing cab driver bullshit, I ask if he has any music. He proceeds to put on a CD of 90s American R&B, which we listen to all the way to the hotel.

The hotel, which I should point out, is fucking incredible for the price we were paying. 30 bucks a night for 4-star everything. Unfortunately, it was the low-season, so there was really nothing in the area worth checking out. You win this round, obnoxious cabbie. After Jessie checked in, we got some food and visited the bar, which as far as bars go, was not too shabby at all.

I ordered a Mai Tai:


And I enjoyed my Mai Tai. Hello Thailand:

A massive prickly super-sweet unwieldy cheap fancy cocktail metaphor is as good a place as any to end tonight. Next up: Monday, when things get wet. Very, very wet.

3 comments:

  1. i want to drink the pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a Mai Thai in a pine apple. I'm sorry to comment on this, but you live in a country with multiple time zones!! Ha. Glad it was just a time zone change and you didn't miss your flight! :)Cont' keeping us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I am still half asleep....pineapple!

    ReplyDelete