Halloween from last year (2009, that one)!!!
Christ, this was a long time ago. At the time I had only been working for a few weeks and didn't really know anybody, so this night was an important bonding experience with my future friends and colleagues. Or, I drank a million shots and threw up on the couch of someone I barely knew.
This was so long ago and so drunk ago that I hardly remember anything from the night, so I looked for clues in my camera's storage:
This is the only picture I took the whole night. It's...a cylon? A square cylon? I don't know. Maybe he was literally a character in the fever dream that was my night. Luckily, I found some notes I jotted down in a journal concerning the night's events which jogged my memory. So, Halloween 2009:
-Costume-wise I was going to cop out and just be Hunter S. Thompson again, but I couldn't find aviator glasses or the right hat. Thus, I was kind of Gilligan, but most people called me Thompson anyway, so whatever.
-Shotgunned beers in the bathroom with some of the people in that first photo. Also, the guy dressed as a mummy is a dick and later told my boss about me drinking.
-While walking downtown, I saw a girl in a miniskirt in front of me and commented on how much I love Korea's leg culture. Turns out the girl spoke English. So did her boyfriend. Medals for angry, disgusted glares were handed all around.
-Army of Darkness was playing in one bar, and I tried drunkenly talking about it in Russian with some girls who I guess were Russian. Hopefully...
-I peed in a storage alcove in the street.
-There were lots of Army douchebags with no costumes. This was kind of made up for by two black guys in awesome Ghostbuster costumes.
And then the whole million shots and passing out on a coworker's couch. Now I hear stories about me vomiting straight up into the air, which is gross and kind of hilarious. In my defense, I remember being a little sick before even going out that night. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Oh, and it was also the last time I saw that hat ):
And then Halloween this year!!!! (2010, right? Right)!!!!
It was fun but more importantly: VOMIT FREE!!!
YES! JAMIE!
Just a warning: these photos might make you FUCKING SCARED.
How fucking scared? Well how about-OH SHIT SILENT HILL NURSE MONSTER
Still scary even when spilling her drink on herself:
However my costume this year (along with my friend's) was FUCKING AWESOME:
Venture Brothers! DUH DUN NUN NUN.
And yes I did bleach my hair just for the costume. Commitment. That's what Halloween is about.
Not as awesome: ...the gay Chilean miner.
Communes had a bunch of bands playing, including this Korean Smashing Pumpkins cover band:
The littlest bartender is also the littlest bass player!
At one point a coworker asked me to go to dinner with her, basically to act as buffer between her and a girl she had just met who was kind of following her around.
So I had some chicken with my coworker and a man in a Canadian luchador mask. HALLOWEEN: SUCCESS.
No comments:
Post a Comment