Here's local favorites Sighborggggg, who do a weird mix of guitar, drums, and looping keyboard tracks. They also always wear masks, because that's a thing you do.
Next was this band who I think was Japanese, but even if they weren't they were definitely performing at Japanese-levels of crazy:
All that opening experimental postmodern music can make a guy thirsty. Good thing this was before Bar Guess discontinued their bucket drinks:
Clearly, some people get jealous.
So then fucking Xiu Xiu played:
And blurry photos were taken.
Then Mr. Xiu Xiu pulled out this little number made for rocking: a goddamn Nintendo DS.
And played I Luv The Valley OH! on it:
And after the show, masturbatory photos were taken with the band:
Basically, a good time. So now we know that you can use a DS to successfully perform artsy indie rock songs, but a bigger question looms: Do Koreans Know How To Skank?
Let's mythbust that shit right now, international style. Meet our team of skanking scientists:
You might remember them as the Korean ska band Kingston Rudieska.
And the experiment begins:
The results? Around the :53 second mark we can see that yes, indeed, Koreans absolutely kind of know how to skank. YOU'RE WELCOME, SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY.
And that's not even the end of this update! No way Jose! Today's the very rare threefer post, where we're going to end with...Korean Rocky Horror.
Communes, the coolest bar in Daegu, put on a movie night a little before Halloween. The movies playing were The Shining, and of course, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. And we were ready for it:
Unfortunately, since this is Korea and everything is backwards, they played Rocky Horror first at 10:30pm or something (instead of midnight, which is when everyone else in the universe would play THE midnight movie), so we got there super late.
Not that it mattered. Here's all four of us (out of, I dunno, 30) who actually dressed up:
P.S. High heels were a cinch. You ladies are all a bunch of whiners. I only bailed about, what, 3 times during the night. And I wasn't exactly sober:
This is right before I asked the bartender for a straw, so as not to smudge my lipstick. Got to keep up class, even in the dark Orient.
So before you go to dirty yourself with pictures of me in tights, I'd like to bring back our fearless ska scientists because they are amazing:
SKA SKA SKA. JAMAICA SKA!
hahaha fishbone covers.
ReplyDelete