Monday, November 1, 2010

Handsome Furs and Viagra

With 4 weeks left to go in this No Man's Land, I've resolved to step up my game and really crank out the updates. A few posts ago I said I would talk about either the Handsome Furs show or my experiments with Viagra, so let's just knock both of those out right now. Meet one of my little vacation souvenirs:




So what was it like taking the Thai Viagra express to Bonerville? Actually, totally lame. I thought it would be a hilarious priapism-filled adventure ending with a needle in my junk, as so many of my dreams do, but sitcoms and sex comedies had once again set me up for disappointment. Now, to be extra scientific, the night I tried it I also scrawled a list of everything I had drank/consumed prior to taking the pill. Even though everything was working perfectly normal down there (and this is after waiting the recommended 30 minutes or whatever), perhaps it's more impressive I was able to get it up at all after I had apparently 6 drinks, 2 shots, and 2 Xanax. And what did I have to eat that day, to soak up all that poisonous stew? "Cream Puff, 2x granola bar, Spaghetti bowl, B & R Smoothie". So there you go. Science. I eat terribly, drink too much, and Viagra doesn't really do anything for those who don't need it. Or maybe I did need it that night, I don't know. I'm not a doctor. Despite all the evidence you may have read here to the contrary.

And now that I've Mythbusted the shit out of my sex life, let's get to the part that likely will bring a lot of very confused new visitors here - the Handsome Furs show. Once again, the show was at Bar Guess, and this time there were actually enough people to make it feel like a real show, the kind you hear about those music-bands playing. Also, I got video of them doing a new song:

He sings "serve the people" about a squillion times, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's the title. PHOTO MONTAGE:





This here is the littlest bartender in all of Korea, and pretty much everyone in Daegu has a crush on her:


And this is one of my friends with Alexei Perry. Both her and Dan Boeckner were super cool to talk to after the show. This photo is after Perry violently kissed her, because my friend wanted to kiss either Perry or her husband, and it was suggested that she should maybe go for the one who looked more like an angry tiger:


And then I eventually talked to Dan, who was really sweaty:

And he apologized for being sweaty because he was really nice. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment